The quality of products and management systems is a significant competitive advantage for your company. In today’s global world, national and international standards are the rule. Certification is required as objective expertise on the quality capability of companies.
That is why we are approved for you according to DVS ZERT according to DVS 3603 guideline as an educational institution for the further training of specialists in additive production processes in the field of metal (DVS guideline 3601-1) and polymer (DVS guideline 3602-1).
This further training is particularly aimed at:
- Masters of craftsmanship or industry
- skilled workers
- Laser beam specialist according to DVS 1187 guideline
- Persons with a university degree in an engineering or natural sciences subject
The course is thematically structured and concludes with an examination. The training including the examination takes place in 40 teaching units (TU). Each lesson lasts 50 minutes.
Structure of the Course
|Theoretical training||TU 17|
|Practical training and exercises||TU 20|
A person commissioned by DVS-PersZert is recognized in our company to carry out the two courses and to take the examinations. Dr.-Ing. Julia Kessler is an approved DVSPersZert examiner.
Approval for Testing
Course participants are admitted to the examination who
- which meet the above-mentioned approval requirements and
- have attended at least 90 % of training courses according to the curriculum.
Exceptions are at the discretion of the PZA Chairman.
Approval for the Exam
The training concludes with an examination based on DVS 1174. The exam lasts for 3 lessons. The examination is divided into a written and an oral part.
The written examination comprises 1 teaching unit and deals with the respective training content described for the fields of metal and plastics. 40 MPC questions are asked with several possible correct answers.
The examination questions on the practical part of the training essentially relate to the production process. The oral examination must demonstrate knowledge from all areas of training (theoretical and practical training). The project work in the practical training part is used to evaluate the oral examination.
The oral examination lasts 20 minutes per participant. To pass the exam, at least 60% of the maximum number of points must be achieved. The written and oral examinations have basically the same weight. For the overall evaluation, the results of the written and oral tests are arithmetically averaged.
|Dates||Metal 15. – 19. Okt. 2018, 18. – 22. März 2019, Polymer 17. – 21. Dez. 2018, 25. – 29. März 2019|
|Venue||Aachen, Campus-Boulevard 79, 52074 Aachen|
|Degree||Final examination and certificate|
||Master craftsmen or industry, technicians, skilled workers, laser beam specialists according to DVS 1187 guideline, persons with a university degree in an engineering or natural sciences subject of study.
Independent of industry
||2.400,00€ + 265,00 € examination fee (plus VAT)|
- Basics, introduction and systematics of additive manufacturing processes (DIN 8580, VDI guideline VDI 3405)
- Technical terms and process principles
- Applications and markets for additive manufacturing processes
- Metal-based additive manufacturing processes
- Construction of the system for laser generation (metal), laser safety and occupational safety
- data preparation
- Basics of plant operation
- process parameter
- Construction process monitoring and troubleshooting
- Quality assurance for metal components
- Construction of the system for laser generation (metal)
- Instruction in the production plant
- Material and process peripherals
- Preparation of data for a construction process
- Preparation of the production plant
- Set up and set up the job
- Post-processing and cleaning of the production plant
- Finishing and quality control
- project thesis